Plastic Door

Its real name is sahibindenye Madrasa. Its name is sometimes adjacent to “Gökm…


Asıl adı Sahibiye Medresesi. İsmi bazen bitişik olarak “Gökmedrese” şeklin…

Its real name is sahibindenye Madrasa. Its name can sometimes be written adjacent to “Gökmedrese”. Gökmedrese, one of the important works of the Anatolian Seljuk State, is within the borders of Sivas Province. As it is understood from the inscription on the main large door, where the western entrance door is located, it was built by the Architect Kaluytan (Kaluyan al-Konevi) in 1271 by the owner Ata Fahrettin Ali (Arabic: صَهِپ اتَ فَكهر ال ضِن الِ Owner Ata Fakhr al-Din Ali). According to the mutually written signature on the side column capitals of the crown gate, the architect of the Gök madrasah is Kaluyan from Konya. In the inscription above the crown door, it is written as follows: عمر في ايام دولة السلطان الاعظم شاهنشاه المعظم غياث الدنيا و الدين كيخسرو بن قليج, the king of the world, the deputy of the state, the king of the world, the king of the state May it always be.” The double minaret crown gate and the decorations on the gate are the most magnificent part of the building. 12 types of animal heads, stars, and tree of life motifs were used in the decorations. The minarets of the madrasa, whose walls are made of chipped limestone, are 25 meters long. Gök Madrasa is a two-storey madrasah with an open courtyard and four iwan scheme. Due to the marble material on the crown door, which is one of the masterpieces of plastic art, the light shade system affects the general appearance. In addition, the minarets with glazed brick and blue tile workmanship add more importance to the crown door. The fountain on the left of the façade with its three-segmented arch, its two-line inscription and its geometric border circling in three directions has further enlivened the façade. This dynamism is complemented by similar windows on the right and left, and retention towers. The intertwined animal heads fill the upper two corners of the madrasa crown door. On the marble surface descending from the minaret pedestals, large geometric, inscription and floral motifs are made in a symmetrical and plastic appearance. There is a masjid on the right at the entrance to the madrasah. The wooden pulpit was built later. A large part of the mihrab has survived to the present day. It is covered with tiles and has Ayet-el Kürsi written on it. The dome and skirts of the mosque, where the transition to the dome is provided with triangles, is also decorated with tiles. The square planned domed room to the left of the entrance is the Dar-ül Hadis section. The interior walls are plastered. The inner courtyard with an open rectangular plan must have a pool in the middle. Today, the marble stones of this pool still remain inside the building. It is the largest known Seljuk pool in Anatolia. It has a polygonal plan with 22 corners. There is a portico built on six columns in the north and south of the courtyard. The cells are entered through small doors behind these porticoes. The main iwan in the east was destroyed and a wall was built with existing stones and inscriptions. The interior of the side iwans in the north and south are decorated with tile ornaments. It was used as a museum between 1934-1967.


Tags

Leave a Reply

Close